Astronomy: Discover the largest telescope in Morocco
The cultural centre boasts powerful observation tools available to the public. The Astronomical Observatory offers individuals, groups, companies and schools the opportunity to discover astronomy or improve their stargazing skills.
Public observations are held every Friday and private parties and showings are hosted on the terrace. Two cupolas host various instruments for the observation of celestial objects including the biggest telescope of Morocco:
- A 600 mm T600 – Valmeca telescope
- A 350 mm C14 – Celestron telescope
- A 355 mm Dobson telescope
- A Coronado telescope dedicated to the observation of prominences and filaments of the sun
- A siderostat, which allows to project the real image of the sun continuously